Domus Gallo is in via Cappellini, 3 We are a few minutes walk to Termini train station.
Traveling by train
- From Termini Station:
- Get out of Termini station by the side of Via Giovanni Giolitti, cross the road, turn left and Via Cappellini is the fifth street you will find on the right when you reach the underpass after about 400 meters. You will find Domus Gallo at number 3 and our staff ready to welcome you.
- From Tiburtina Station:
- Take Metro Line B (the blue one) to Termini station.
Traveling by plane
- From Fiumicino airport
- Take the train to Termini station (Leonardo Express). Trains depart every 30 minutes from 06:00 to 23:30. The ticket price is 15 €. Otherwise, take either a taxi for a fixed price of € 48 or BusTransfer without intermediate stops (tickets from 4 €).
- From Ciampino Airport:
- Take either BusTransfer without intermediate stops to Termini station (tickets from € 4.) or a taxi for a fixed price of € 30.
Traveling by car
- From Roma Nord
- Take the GRA (GRA), exit 8 for Via Salaria and follow the signs to the center and to Termini Station.
- From Roma Sud:
- Take the GRA (GRA) and take exit 22 for Via Tuscolana or exit 23 for Via Appia. Follow the signs to the center and head to Piazza San Giovanni in Laterano. From there, take Via Merulana towards Santa Maria Maggiore, following the signs to Termini Station.
THE TERMINI/ ESQUILINO DISTRICT
The district where we are goes from Termini Station to Esquilino. Rome Termini is the main Railway station in the city and its name derives from the ancient Diocletian Baths located in front of the main entrance.
About a century after Caracalla gave Rome of the Vast baths, the Diocletian Emperor, who had never even seen Rome, decided to overcome his predecessor by commissioning the largest and most wonderful baths ever made in the world. They could accommodate up to 3,000 bathers.
Esquilino is one of the famous Seven Hills where the city of Rome was founded, dating back to the 8th century B.C. Patrons lived there: Mecenate, Horace, Virgilio, Properzio and other illustrious personalities.
Now Esquilino is one of the best ethnic district in Rome, a virtuous example of racial integration, in continuity with the ancient Roman multiethnic attitude. Here you will be able to get lost in a world full of colors, scents and flavors that evokes distant lands.
POINTS OF INTEREST
Monuments and landmarks
|Basilica di Santa Maria
|Basilica di S. Giovanni
|Foro Romano||1.5 km|
|Fontana di Trevi||1.8 km|
|Piazza di Spagna||2.2 km|
|Via Veneto||2.4 km|
|Piazza del Quirinale||1.5 km|
|Piazza Navona||2.6 km|
|Basilica di San Pietro||4.1 km|
|Musei Vaticani||4.3 km|
|Musei Capitolini||1.8 km|
|Musei Vaticani||4.3 km|
|Vittorio Emanuele||0.1 km|
|San Giovanni||1.1 km|
|Rione Monti||0.6 km|
|San Lorenzo||0.8 km|
|Campo de Fiori||2.7 km|
|Stadio Olimpico||8.5 km|
|Stadio Flaminio||7.5 km|
|Foro Italico||8.3 km|
|Via del Corso||2.3 km|
|Via Condotti||2.3 km|
|Via Appia Nuova||1.1 km|
Restaurants, Cafes and grocery stores
|Miky Bar Tabacchi Caffetteria||0.1 km|
|Trattoria Monti Ristorante||0.4 km|
|Fassi Gelateria||0.6 km|
|Nuova Stella Ristorante||0.6 km|
|Conad Supermercato||0.6 km|
For more information scan the QR code with your smartphone!